Recently we deployed a new WCF web service app but quickly noticed nLog didn’t work on our production IIS stack.
We checked permissions on the log folder, checked for errors in the nLog configuration file. All with no luck.
We then noticed the nLog configuration file when deployed was located in the bin folder. We simply moved the configuration file from the bin to the root folder of the web service, restarted the IIS website and it started working. This has been a very tricky problem for us to solve but we wanted to share it with other web developers that may come across this problem in the future.